Summer is an excellent time to practice self-care. If you are lounging by the pool, grilling out, or grounding yourself in nature, take advantage of the benefits of warm summer days with your favorite essential oils by your side. Learn how to up your self-care game this season by checking out our best essential oils must-haves for summer!
Nurture Your Skin
Rain or shine, protecting your skin is crucial. Face the summer with a healthy, radiant appearance by using sunscreen in your daily skincare routine.
- Exfoliate: To remove dead skin cells and reveal glowing skin, use a DIY nighttime exfoliant. Combine 1 tablespoon of essential oil carrier, jojoba oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, and 4 drops of lemon essential oil. Apply the scrub to your face gently and massage in a circular motion before rinsing. Be sure to moisturize your face after!
- Face Mask: Show off your radiant complexion after this face mask. Combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, ¼ cup of aloe vera gel, and 3 drops of helichrysum essential oil. To get the most moisture, apply to your face and leave on for at least 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Body Balm: Even if your skin doesn’t burn in the sun, you should be wearing sunscreen to prevent sun damage. For a good dose of hydration, mix 3 drops each of geranium and grapefruit into your favorite body butter and apply to your skin.
Care for Your Hair
Summer sun, salt water, and chlorine are all capable of causing damage to your hair. To avoid the harm that summer activities can cause, treat your hair right.
- Scalp Treatment: Before you show off your hair, give your scalp some TLC. To your shampoo, add 1 drop each of German chamomile and eucalyptus radiata essential oils. For a cooling feeling, rub onto your scalp to remove excess buildup.
- Hair Serum: Add 1 drop of geranium to your favorite hair oil to beat the humidity and tame any frizziness.
After soaking up some sun, cooling down is a must. Choose from a variety of essential oils to keep you cool when participating in your favorite summer activities.
- Ice Roll-On: To cool down after a hot afternoon, roll on a refreshing peppermint essential oil. To make a roll-on, fill an empty 15 mL essential oil bottle halfway with peppermint oil and halfway with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex, then add an AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment.
- Frozen Towels: Prevent overheating with an ice-cold towel whether you are playing sports or sitting on the sidelines. To a damp hand towel, add 5-8 drops of Eucalyptus Blue, Eucalyptus Radiata, and/or Eucalyptus Globulus. Freeze it for 15 minutes before wearing it around your neck.
If you plan on using essential oils this summer, be sure to avoid any oils that make you more vulnerable to the sun’s rays. Keep out of the sun for at least 12 hours after application to prevent a negative reaction. Learn how to use these oils safely by reading our photosensitivity guide. Although there are plenty of essential oil benefits, please use them with caution, protect your skin, and stay safe this season!
Interested in learning more about oils or ready to buy? Call us today! 833-Oil-Line (833-645-5463)